Crab Cake Stuffed Portobellos
- 6 large Portobello mushrooms
- ¾ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cans (6 ½ ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a small skillet, sauté onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, bread crumbs, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese and seafood seasoning. Gently stir in crab and onion.
Spoon ½ cup crab mixture into each mushroom cap; drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining Parmesan cheese. Place in a greased 15-by-10-by-1-inch baking pan.
Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 15–20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.