Skillet Green Beans With Tomatoes and Garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onions, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1½ pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil.
Add onions and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, 7–10 minutes. Add garlic and continue stirring 1 minute. Add green beans and tomatoes; cover and cook over low heat until green beans are soft, 25 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, until liquid is almost gone, 2–3 minutes.