Buffalo Chicken Burger Salad
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup Texas Pete Cha! (Sriracha) sauce
- 2 carrots, grated (about 1 cup)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons each minced fresh parsley and chives
- Salt/freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tablespoons Texas Pete Cha! sauce
- 2–3 heads Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 3–4 sticks celery, cut into ½" pieces
- Sliced and diced tomatoes, 2 cups
- Slivers of red onion, about 1 cup
- 1–2 jalapeno pepper, sliced into rounds and seeded
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Several kinds of sweet and dill pickles
Combine first list of ingredients and mix well.
Refrigerate for at least one hour. Scoop golf ball size mounds onto tray. Cover with parchment paper and “smash” to flatten.
Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush tops of burgers with basting sauce and place onto hot grill, brushed side down. Cover and cook 3–4 minutes. Baste tops sides and turn. Cook for another 3–5 minutes (until 165-degree internal temperature).
On a serving platter, scatter lettuce then place prepared burgers on top. Scatter the celery, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and cheese crumbles. Tuck mounds of pickles around the platter.