Overnight Layered Lettuce Salad
- Category: Salads
- Servings: 16 servings
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 cups frozen peas (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
In a 3-quart or 13-by-9-inch glass dish, layer first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and sugar; spoon over salad, spreading to cover.
Sprinkle top with cheese, bacon and cranberries. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.