- Category: Salads
- 3 cups fresh cranberries*
- ¾ cup sugar (or 18-20 packs of Splenda or Truvia)
- 1 can (8-ounce) crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 small boxes of regular or sugar-free raspberry Jello
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cups apples, peeled and diced
- ½ cup or more pecans, chopped (optional)
Chop cranberries in blender and place in large bowl. Stir sugar into cranberries and set aside. *Freezing cranberries makes it easier to chop them in the blender.
Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to pineapple juice to make 2 cups liquid. Heat pineapple/water liquid to boiling, add Jello and stir until dissolved. Stir in 1 cup cold water and lemon juice. Let sit on counter until cool, and then place in refrigerator until slightly thickened.
Mix drained pineapple, apple and cranberries together; add nuts if desired, and set aside.
Once Jello has thickened (but not set), add the Jello to the pineapple/apple/cranberry mixture. Place in serving dish and chill several hours (best to chill overnight).