Cheery Grilled Corn with Hoop Cheese & Bacon Dust
- Category: Side Dishes
- Servings: 1 dozen ears
- 2 cups Cheerwine® soft drink
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dozen ears of corn, shucked and cleaned
- 1/2 pound hoop cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounce package bacon, cooked crispy and finely crumbled
Heat gas or charcoal grill to high heat. While grill is getting hot, combine Cheerwine, molasses, mustard and butter in heavy bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce to low boil and cook until sauce has reduced to about half, making a thickened glaze. Remove from heat and whisk in sage.
Put corn onto hot grill, baste with glaze and cover. Turn every 1–2 minutes, basting as you turn, until charred in spots (about 8–10 minutes). Remove to platter and while hot, scatter with cheese crumbles and bacon dust. Drizzle with any remaining glaze. Serve immediately.