Herbed Harvest Veggie Casserole
- 4 new potatoes cut in ¼-inch slices
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 sweet red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
Grease a 2½ quart baking dish and arrange half the potato slices in overlapping rows. Dot with half the butter. Sprinkle with half the sage, tarragon, peppers, onion, rice and zucchini.
Dot with remaining butter and repeat layering.
Cover and bake casserole at 350 degrees for 1½ hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; top with tomato slices and cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until tomatoes are warm and cheese is melted. Remove from oven; cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.