Orzo Stuffed Tomatoes
- ⅔ cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper Paprika
Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Set aside 6 tablespoons pulp for filling. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain. Drain orzo.
In a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5–7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, basil, parsley, salt, pepper, orzo and reserved pulp. Spoon into tomatoes.
Place in an ungreased 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15–20 minutes or until heated through.