Toasted Sesame Cucumber Butter Spread
This spread is just right on grilled fish or in shrimp and chicken tacos. Dollop onto hot grilled steaks or burgers and watch it melt all over. Makes a nice filling for wraps too, or simply enjoy on saltine crackers or celery sticks.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (Duke’s preferred)
- 1 teaspoon Texas Pete
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, (plus 1 tablespoon for garnishing)
- 2–3 green onions, minced (with tops)
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- About 1 cup finely diced cucumber (not peeled)
Blend together all ingredients except cucumber until smooth. Fold in cucumbers. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Variations: Add fresh herbs (cilantro, dill, basil). Fold in some grated cheddar cheese and pimento to make a cucumber pimento cheese.