Rotisserie Chicken Pot Pie Soup With Cornbread "Croutons"
This simple, kid-friendly soup is fast to throw together … and gluten-free if you use a flour-free cornbread and make sure your chicken doesn’t use any gluten-based seasonings.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet potato, cut in ½" cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Meat from boned and skinned rotisserie chicken
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1½ teaspoons each salt and pepper
- Pan of baked cornbread, cubed (use gluten-free, if desired)
Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add potato, onion and celery. Toss with butter and sauté about 5 minutes until tender.
Stir in mixed vegetables and cook 4 to 5 minutes until green beans are tender. Add cornstarch and toss to coat. Cook 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and milk. Heat until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and add chicken and seasonings. If too thick, add a bit more broth for desired consistency.
Ladle into bowls and top with cornbread “croutons.”