Toast of the Town
Toast can be so much more than warm bread. Creative recipes using healthy ingredients like avocado and olives are fun to make, eat and share—either with friends or (if you get really creative) via a social media post. During the rainy month of March, try “Singing in the Grain.” For additional recipes, including “Butterfly Toast” or “A Toast to Summer,” visit calolive.org.
Pro tips for creating shareable slices:
- Have a vision. Don’t be afraid to sketch it out.
- The base of your toast is everything. Pick a sturdy variety.
- Consider your ingredients and play with flavors, textures and colors. For example, try to incorporate both green and black olives for greater versatility.
- Shapes, colors and textures can add excitement.
- Toast is a small canvas, so consider the tools you’re working with and get creative.
You'll be the toast of the town if you make this cute, healthy version of avocado toast. Small helpers can get involved as well. Try the recipe now:Singing in the Grain
More food-related Tar Heel Tidbits