Favorite Canned Salsa
- 14 cups tomatoes (peeled, chopped and drained)
- 3 cups chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped chili peppers (or more if you want it HOT)
- 1–3 cups green, yellow and red sweet peppers, chopped
- 8–10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 10 tablespoons cornstarch or Therm-Flo
- 2½ tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
Combine tomatoes, onion, peppers and garlic and set aside. Combine other ingredients and cook until sauce is thick and a clear dark color.
Add combined vegetables to sauce and stir well.
Ladle into hot sterilized pint jars to within ½ inch of top, seal with new sterilized lids, and process full jars in boiling water bath for 35 minutes.