Christmas Cheerwine Punch With fruit-filled ice ring
Having friends over for a holiday supper? No need to fret over multiple beverages … punch to the rescue! Let your imagination loose as exact measurements are not necessary.
Ice ring (can be made days ahead)
- Bundt pan
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1 jar (10 ounces) cherries with stems, drained and juice reserved
- Strawberries, pomegranate seeds, star fruit, pineapple wedges, cherries, rosemary
- Edible gold stars and flecks, optional
- 1 part Holiday Cheerwine Punch*
- 1 part ginger ale
- 1 part lemon-lime club soda
- Fresh mint
Layer fruits (including cherries) and rosemary stems in the bottom of Bundt pan. Gently pour in pineapple juice just to cover and then freeze. Mix cherry juice with pineapple juice, pour over frozen fruit layer and refreeze. Be sure to freeze as instructed. Most of the fruits will float, so if you pour too much for the first layer, they will be deep in your ring and not show up on top.
Remove ring from freezer about 20 minutes before serving time. Run warm water over Bundt pan to loosen ring. Gently place ring into punch bowl.
Pour Cheerwine, ginger ale and club soda over ring. Garnish with additional star fruit, mint leaves, rosemary, gold stars and flecks.
Variation: Offer spiced rum on the side for an adult version.
*Regular Cheerwine can be used if Holiday Punch is not available.