Chinese Chicken Salad
Quick, crisp and refreshing, this salad is always a hit. If you eat it right away, the ramen lends a bit of crunch. Or refrigerate the salad for 2–3 hours before serving and the noodles will soften.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded
- 1 bag (24-ounce) chopped cabbage with carrots
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (3-ounce) package of chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ramen flavor packet
First, crunch up the ramen package until the noodles are in little pieces. Set aside the flavor packet for the dressing.
To toast the salad’s sesame seeds and almonds, add to a dry skillet and stir constantly over medium-high heat until you notice some browning. Remove from heat.
Toss chicken meat, cabbage, onions, ramen noodles, sesame seeds and almonds together in a large bowl.
For the dressing, whisk the olive and sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, pepper and flavor packet together in a small bowl; drizzle over the salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 2–3 hours before serving if you like.