Coconut Cookie Pudding
While not exactly a trifle or a pie, this Coconut Cookie Pudding is reminiscent of both. Thanks to a triple dose of coconut products, its tropical flavor arrives in full force.
- 12 coconut cookies, crushed, and the rest reserved (we used a family-sized box of belVita Breakfast Biscuits, toasted coconut flavor)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar, granulated
- 1 tub (8 ounces) of whipped topping, divided
- 12 reserved whole coconut cookies
- 2 small boxes Coconut Cream JELL-O instant pudding
- 2½ cups cold milk
- 1½ cups shredded coconut, toasted* and divided
Make the crust by crushing 12 coconut cookies, mix with butter and press into bottom of an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Spread over crust.
For the pudding, whisk pudding powders with milk; let set. Then stir in 1 cup whipped topping with ¾ cup coconut. Spread over cream cheese mixture, using just enough to cover.
Add another layer of cookies, then more pudding. Continue layering until the cookies and pudding mixture are gone. Then top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with the rest of the toasted coconut. Refrigerate about 5 hours to let the flavors meld. Serve.
*To toast shredded coconut, bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then let cool.