Hurricane season is at its peak from mid-August to late October, and as North Carolinians know too well, any part of our state can be impacted by a hurricane – not just the coast. As the frequency and intensity of these storms increases, it’s more important than ever for our members to make hurricane safety and preparedness a priority.
Pee Dee Electric is prepared to respond if severe weather causes power outages and encourages you to prepare by taking simple steps, including:
- Outline a communication and evacuation plan for your family before a hurricane or storm warning is issued to minimize confusion and fear. If you have pets or livestock, include them in your plan.
- Create an emergency kit that includes:
- Important documents sealed in a watertight plastic bag
- Three days’ worth of non-perishable food, water, and medication
- First-aid kit
- Battery-powered radio
- Extra batteries
- Personal hygiene items
- Extra clothes and blankets
- Food and other supplies for pets
- Sign up for local weather alerts and warnings.
- Follow Pee Dee Electric on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay informed about the weather, outages, and other information.
- Bookmark our live online outage map to find real-time outage information: omv.pdemc.com
- Review safety tips and information at ncelectriccooperatives.com.