More than half of Brunswick Electric’s 6,742 miles of line are installed underground to ensure reliability during severe weather.
Always responding to members’ needs, BEMC developed one of the first “pay as you go” power programs. Our nearly 10,000 PrePay Power users appreciate that the power is in their hands, with no deposit or monthly bill.
Together, we’ve got the power to positively affect local education. BEMC’s Bright Ideas grant program, started by Brunswick Electric more than 25 years ago, is now offered by all electric cooperatives across the state and making a big impact. More than $11.5 million have been granted to NC teachers for their classroom projects.
THE AMOUNT OF TIME YOUR ELECTRICITY IS ON
Your co-op’s diligence in maintaining clear Right-of-Way near power lines and careful operational planning keep our reliability rating consistently high.
SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
We always receive the highest ratings on our voluntary, toughest-in-the-industry safety inspections, keeping our insurance rates down.
FITCH BOND RATING
Our strong fiscal controls earn us low interest rates, keeping our costs, and therefore yours, down.
- Service reliability percentage of up time was 99.99%
- Fielded 212,709 inbound calls
- Residential member satisfaction survey results averaged 9.18 out of 10
- Activated 2,618 new services in 2017
- Weatherization Loan program provided low-interest loans for energy-efficiency projects totaling $1,139,052
- Developed customizable web maps and deployed mobile mapping for iPad use in the field
- Replaced physical servers with virtual servers to improve data storage
- Updated Advanced Metering Infrastructure for increased performance and uptime
- Upgraded system speed from 1 Gbps to 10 Gbps for improved performance and productivity
- Improved mobile storm damage assessment capabilities
- Continued to increase cybersecurity safety
POWER SUPPLY, ENGINEERING & OPERATIONS
- Substation Construction
- Energized two new substation delivery points
- Distribution Construction
- Shell Point Road re-conductor
- McMilly Road re-conductor
- Pinewood Drive re-conductor
- Completed interconnection of over 1 MW of new solar generation onto BEMC’s distribution lines
Want to read more?
Download Brunswick Electric's 2017 Annual Report.