- Open curtains on your south-facing windows during the day to allow sunlight to naturally heat your home, and close them at night to help keep the warmth in.
- Look for minor gaps in windows & doorways and seal with caulk or weather stripping.
- Replace your furnace or heat pump filter once a month, and schedule regular maintenance for your heating system.
- Turn down the temperature on your water heater to a warm rather than hot setting of 120 degrees. You’ll not only save energy, you’ll avoid scalding your hands.
- Keep your fireplace damper closed unless a fire is burning. Keeping the damper open is like an open window in the winter.
More ways to save energy
Download our guides to start saving.