Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups cubed day-old bread
- ½ cup chopped peeled apple
- ½ cup fat-free whipped topping
- ½ cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping
In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, milk, brown sugar, egg substitute, vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in bread cubes and apple; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 35–40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Serve with whipped topping and caramel topping. Refrigerate leftovers.