Asparagus Appetizer Roll-ups
- Category: Appetizers
- Servings: 1 dozen
- 12 slices of white bread, crusts removed
- 1 container (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onions and bacon. Spread mixture over bread slices. Cut asparagus to fit bread; place two spears on each bread slice. Roll up bread and place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.