Black Forest Tart
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8–10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until thickened, about 4 minutes. Blend in chocolate mixture. Add the flour and mix well.
Pour into crust; spread evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 25–30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Spread pie filling over the top. In a small microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate and cream. Microwave on high for 20–30 seconds or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over tart. Chill until set.