Ladyfinger Lemon Dessert
- Category: Desserts
- Servings: 10
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup reduced fat whipped topping
Pour milk into a small metal mixing bowl, place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Line the sides of a 9-inch springform pan with ladyfingers; set aside. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in orange juice. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and peel; cool to room temperature.
Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for a least 3 hours or until firm. Spread with whipped topping. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.