Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 2½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin. Combine the flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20–25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
For frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers.