- Catagory: Desserts
- Servings: 10-12 servings
- 1 package (18¼ ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
In a mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25–30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and remaining pumpkin and pie spice until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Split each cake horizontally. Place a layer on a plate; spread with ¼ of the filling. Repeat layers three times. Top with caramel topping and pecans. Chill.