- Catagory: Desserts
- Servings: 6–8
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup red currant jelly
Press pastry onto bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 10–12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Spread melted chocolate over bottom of crust. Cover and refrigerate for 5–10 minutes or until almost set. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar. Spread over chocolate layer.
Arrange strawberries over filling; brush with jelly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove sides of pan before serving.