Peaches ‘n’ Cream Tart
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced peaches, well drained
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey
In a small bowl, combine the pecans, flour and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
In a chilled small mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; set aside. In another small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add extracts and orange peel, mix well. Beat in the whipped cream on low speed. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
Just before serving, arrange peaches and raspberries over filling. In a small saucepan or microwave, melt preserves and honey; mix well. Carefully spoon or brush over fruit. Cut into wedges to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.