Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (20 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Grated chocolate or chocolate wafer crumbs
In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
For filling, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs if desired. Store in the refrigerator.