Chocolate Mint Fudge
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon salted butter; divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1¾ cups chopped white baking chocolate, such as Ghirardelli, divided
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed soft peppermint candy
Line an 8- or 9-inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing ends to extend over sides of pan. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium heavy saucepan, combine sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, and salt; stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add 1½ cups white chocolate, marshmallows, vanilla and peppermint extract. Stir until mostly smooth, approximately 2 minutes. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
Melt bittersweet chocolate according to package directions; stir in remaining 1 teaspoon butter. Gently spread over white chocolate mixture in pan. Melt remaining ¼ cup white chocolate according to package directions. Drizzle over bittersweet chocolate; gently swirl with the tip of a knife. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint. Let stand in a cool dry place until firm, approximately 4 hours.
Remove from pan using edges of foil as handles. Gently peel foil from sides of fudge. Cut into squares. Store, covered, in a cool dry place up to 7 days.