Shortbread Lemon Bars
- Servings: 3 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a food processor, combine flour, confectioners' sugar, and lemon and orange peel. Cut in butter until crumbly; process until mixture forms a ball. Pat into a greased 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12–14 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly browned.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the filling ingredients; mix well. Pour over hot crust. Bake for 14–16 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spread over filling. Bake 7–9 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into bars just before serving.