Bow Ties with Asparagus and Prosciutto
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into strips
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6–7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover; microwave on high for 3–4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Add the cream, asparagus, Parmesan cheese and prosciutto; toss to coat.