- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
In a medium bowl, combine beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Shape into six patties, ¾-inch thick.
In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms, bacon and mayonnaise; refrigerate.
Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5–7 minutes on each side.
During the last 3 minutes, spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each burger. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired.