Tempting Tortellini & Ham
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- ¼ cup reduced-fat butter, cubed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup fat-free milk
- ¼ cup half-and-half cream
- 1½ cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
Add the ham, cheeses, basil, garlic powder and pepper; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Stir in tomato. Drain tortellini mixture; add to the pan and heat through.