Dilly Seafood Pasta Salad
- Catagory: Salads
- Servings: 6
- 2 cups (5 ounces) uncooked medium shell pasta
- 1 cup cucumber, scored and sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) shelled, deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
For salad, cook pasta according to package directions in 4-quart casserole; drain and rinse with cold water. Using lemon zester, score down length of cucumber in evenly spaced rows around entire cucumber and then slice cucumber. Chop bell pepper and carrot and slice green onions.
For dressing, zest whole lemon. Juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Combine zest, juice, mayonnaise, sour cream and dill in small bowl; mix well.
Place all salad ingredients in bowl and pour dressing over salad; toss lightly. Cover; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight.