Quinoa Salad with Mint, Almonds & Cranberries
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa (look near the rice)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup coarsely-chopped mint leaves
- ½ cup coarsely chopped kale
- ½ cup dry roasted almonds, unsalted
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 18 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp lemon zest
In saucepan bring chicken stock to a boil over high heat. Add quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed; about 13 minutes. Stir in olive oil and let cool.
Stir in mint leaves, kale, almonds, dried cranberries, carrots, celery, scallion, grape tomatoes, lemon juice and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.