- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon whole milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
In the work bowl of a food processor, add flour, cheese, butter, salt, peppers and paprika; pulse to combine. With food processor running, add milk in a slow steady stream until mixture forms a dough.
Using a cookie press fitted star-shaped disk, pipe dough into long straight lines on the prepared pans; cut into 4-inch pieces.*
Bake until lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool on pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
*Note: If you don’t have a cookie press, roll dough to a half-inch thickness and cut into 4-inch strips.