Easy Pimento Cheese Ball
It’s hard to beat a good ol’ cheese ball, a throwback to days gone by when it was a staple at gatherings. Faye Gay was one of my mama’s best friends and has been making this cheese ball for decades. I tweaked only slightly since it’s just that good!
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated (we used triple cheddar blend)
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimentos, drained
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely minced
- Dash of salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅔ cup minced nuts*
Combine all ingredients, except for nuts, and make into a ball. Roll in nuts and chill for several hours or overnight. Sit out about 30 minutes before serving to soften.
Serve with crackers and celery sticks.
*Use any nuts. We like pistachio for flavor and color too.