Cinnamon-Pear Energy “Cookie” Bites
Fall is here, and so are fresh pears. Use these no-bake treats as “cookies,” perfect to tuck into lunch bags for everyone’s enjoyment.
- 2½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1½ cups crispy rice cereal
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup peeled and grated firm pear with juice*
- ¾ cup crunchy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (5-ounce) bag sliced almonds, finely chopped
In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
In a smaller bowl, combine pear with remaining wet ingredients. Pour over dry mixture and blend until evenly coated. (Using hands works best to make sure all ingredients are incorporated together.)
Refrigerate for an hour.
With hands or small scoop, roll into tablespoon-sized balls, then roll in crushed almonds. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days.