Mousse-Filled Witches’ Hats
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1 package (4 3/4 ounces) chocolate sugar
- ice cream cones
- Halloween sprinkles
- 12 thin chocolate wafers (21/2 inch diameter)
For the mousse, in a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup cream to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
In a small mixing bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip pointed tips of ice cream cones a third of the way into melted chocolate; roll in sprinkles. Refrigerate until set. Just before serving, spoon mousse into cones. Top each with a chocolate wafer. Invert onto a serving platter.