Winter Citrus Salad With Blood Orange & Red Wine Vinaigrette
Vibrant citrus fruits are plentiful in the dead of winter, and this is a great salad to brighten the dreariest of days. Don’t worry about exact measurements for salad ingredients. Use as much or as little as suits your fancy.
- 2 Blood oranges
- 2 Naval oranges
- 2 Clementines and/or tangerines
- 2 Limes
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Red grapefruit
- Seeds from one pomegranate
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Freshly ground pepper (we used pink peppercorns)
- Fresh mint, optional
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon blood orange zest
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon dried spearmint
- Pinch of salt
Peel the citrus fruits and cut into thin slices, removing any seeds. Place onto platter along with avocado.
Garnish with pomegranate seeds, nuts, pepper and sprigs of mint.
Put all ingredients in jar with lid and shake to blend. Best if made at least one hour ahead.