Slow Cooker Cola Barbecue Pork
- 1 cup cola, such as Coca-Cola or Pepsi
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 (5½ pound) bone-in Boston butt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Barbecue sauce, to serve
In a medium bowl, stir together cola and ketchup; pour into a 6-quart slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, stir together salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and red pepper. Rub pork with oil. Rub spice mixture on pork, coating all sides. Place in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Remove bones and fat; discard. Shred meat, and return to slow cooker. Pour reserved cooking liquid over shredded pork. Serve with barbecue sauce and your favorite side dishes.