Snapper with Lime Dressing From The Mariner's Menu Cookbook and North Carolina Sea Grant
This creamy, decadent dressing with its burst of lime takes the nutty flavor of snapper to a whole new level.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper, freshly grated
- 1½ pounds snapper fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Black pepper, freshly ground
Prepare lime dressing by combining mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, onion, parsley, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate.
In a medium pan, melt butter and heat.
Lightly salt and pepper fish and place in pan, flesh sides down. Sauté until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn fish over and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until done. Serve with lime dressing.