Shrimp Pad Thai With jasmine rice
Swapping out traditional rice noodles for jasmine rice gives this dish an aromatic, quick-cooking solution for your own spin on a classic.
- 1 cup jasmine rice, uncooked (or one boil-in-bag)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 4 lime wedges
Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
In small bowl, combine brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
In large wok or skillet over high heat, heat ½ tablespoon oil and quickly scramble egg. Remove from pan and reserve.
Add remaining oil to wok or skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and garlic; stir fry 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked.
Add reserved sauce and rice; stir fry 2 minutes. Add green onions and reserved egg; toss to combine.
Divide completed meal between four bowls. Top each with bean sprouts, cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.