Space Exploration Bento Box
- Category: Turkey, Main Courses
- Print Recipe
This lunch is out-of-this-world! Your children can create the star shapes using a cookie cutter. For additional kid-friendly meal ideas, visit poweryourlunchbox.com.
- ½ cup red seedless grapes
- 1 whole-wheat sandwich round
- 2 slices low-sodium deli-sliced turkey
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- ½ slice low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 clementine, peeled and segmented
- 3 mini sweet peppers, sliced into rings
- 1 package freeze-dried fruit
Add grapes to bottom of large section of bento box to create space background. Place bottom of sandwich round on top, add turkey and sandwich round top.
Lay Swiss cheese on cutting board. Using small bowl or other round object, cut into circle. Place on top of sandwich to create moon.
Lay cheddar cheese on cutting board. Using a small star cookie cutter, cut out stars. Add to space around moon.
Pair with clementine “crescent moons,” pepper “planet rings” and freeze-dried fruit.
More Main Courses
Make-ahead breakfast for the whole crew