Romaine, Roasted Corn, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 2 heads washed romaine leaves, sliced thinly
- 3 ears corn, kernels removed
- 2 bunches beets (about 6 beets), oven roasted (see recipe)
- Beet greens, chiffonade (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons Dijon whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 cup olive oil blend
To roast beets, cut beet greens from washed beets and set aside for later use. Put a thick layer of kosher salt in a roasting pan (must use Kosher or coarse grain salt). Place beets on top of salt, cover with foil and roast in 400 degree oven until soft to the touch (cooking time depends on size but usually about 1 hour). Allow beets to cool, peel, and cut into small bite-sized pieces.
Sauté beet greens and corn lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper then allow to cool. Combine all ingredients and toss with sherry vinaigrette.
For sherry vinaigrette: Combine first five ingredients in blender. Once combined, slowly drizzle in olive oil until dressing becomes thick and emulsified.