Spring Green Veggie-Pasta Salad
This vibrant make-ahead green salad is crispy, a little bit cheesy and exact measurements aren’t necessary. The salad will keep up to a week so you can easily make ahead.
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) fresh asparagus, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (13 ounce) bag frozen sweet garden peas, thawed
- 2 bunches green onion, sliced
- Sprigs of dill, sprouts or pea shoots for garnish, optional
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Remove from the water with slotted spoon into colander and let water continue to boil. Drain well and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil (to prevent sticking together) and refrigerate.
Put sugar snap peas into the boiling water and blanch for about 2 minutes. Remove into colander with slotted spoon and cool with cold running tap water. Repeat blanching/cooling process with the snow peas, then asparagus. When snow peas have cooled to touch, slice into slivers. Blot all with paper towel then refrigerate several hours or up to 2 days before assembling. Blot thawed peas with paper towels to remove any moisture (but do not cook).
In a large mixing bowl combine pasta with all peas, asparagus and onion. Garnish and toss with a vinaigrette at serving time.