All-in-One Baked Beans and Franks
- 3 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 (15-ounce) cans white beans, such as navy, rinsed and drained or 6 cups cooked white beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 package of hot dogs, any kind, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook bacon in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat until it starts to release its fat. Reduce heat and add onion and bell pepper. Sauté until the bacon is cooked and the vegetables are soft. Stir in tomato paste, sugar, molasses, chili powder, mustard, and vinegar until well combined. Add beans, hot dogs, water, salt and pepper and stir gently to combine.
Cover skillet tightly with a lid or foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove cover and add more water if needed to moisten beans and continue to bake, uncovered, until top is browned and bubbly, about 30 minutes more. Serve hot.