Baked Beans Quintet
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 regular can each of butterbeans, lima beans, red kidney beans, and chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 regular can pork and beans, undrained
- ¾ cup catsup
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow or spicy mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
Slowly cook onion, bell pepper, and garlic in drippings on low heat until tender and drain any excess fat.
Combine bacon, onion and garlic mixture in a large bowl and stir in the beans.
In a smaller bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and add to the bean mixture.
Spoon into a lightly greased 2½-quart bean pot or baking dish.
Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.