Candy Apple Slaw
This sweet and tangy slaw is a tasty, colorful fall side dish. Enjoy the variety of textures … crispy bits of apple along with the chewy cranberries and toasty nuts.
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 4 large red apples, diced (unpeeled)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon white pepper
- ¾ teaspoon celery seeds
- 1½ cups toasted pecan pieces, divided
- 1 cup honey mustard dressing*
- 1½ cups crushed peanut brittle (optional)
Put cabbage, apples, cranberries, onions, seasonings and half the pecans in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir to coat.
Pour into serving bowl and chill several hours.
At serving time scatter with remaining pecans; scatter optional peanut brittle to add a delightful candy crunch.