Game Day Chili
It’s always good to have more than one play in your back pocket on game day. You can cook it on a portable stove or in a slow cooker. All you need is 15 minutes to build flavor and you’re good to go. Enjoy your chili on its own or spoon it on top of hot dogs or nachos.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 can (15–19 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- ¼ cup cayenne pepper sauce (like Frank’s RedHot®)
- 2 packages (1¼ ounces) chili seasoning mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Scallions (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
In large, nonstick pot, cook beef until browned.
Add onion; cook 3 minutes. Drain. Stir in tomatoes, beans, sauce and seasoning mix. Heat to boiling and stir often. Then lower heat to simmer, with lid partially covering, 15 minutes, or until flavors are blended. Stir often.
Garnish, as desired, with shredded cheddar cheese, scallions and sour cream.
More Soup Recipes
From a Bolivian kitchen