Tater Mater Frittata
- ½ bag tater tots, thawed
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- ¼ cup pepper chopped
- 1 can (10 ounce) Rotel tomatoes and chilies, original
- ¾ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup green chilies, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
For the potato crust, thaw tater tots and heat waffle iron. Spread tater tots to completely cover waffle iron. Close lid and cook for 5 minutes until crust is crispy and brown. Set aside.
Sauté onion and pepper in oil just until soft. Beat the eggs vigorously and add the sautéed vegetables, Rotel tomatoes and chilies, cheese, cumin, jalapeno pepper and cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
Place potato crust in frying pan and pour egg mixture over crust. Arrange slices of tomato evenly on top of frittata and sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley.
Cook 2 minutes on stovetop on medium heat until edges are set.
Transfer skillet to oven and bake at 375 degrees for 20–25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let cool before serving.